networking my printer that is on another printer

i am having trouble networking my new printer. i have tried all the options
that the help file says and just cant find the printer. i have set the
printer so that it is shared but the computer i am trying to access the
printer from just cant find it. can you help me?

ps. i have tried all the options but there were two out of the three that i
didn't understand. one was to type says to type something like this
"\\server\printer" and the other says
"http://server/printers/myprinter/.printer". how do i set those up. i tried
look for the address of the printer but it didn't give me one. the line was
just blank. do i have to make an address for it myself or is there something
else. or could this just be happening because i am using a printer that uses
a USB conection to the computer instead of the normal printer cable. can
anyone help?

\\server\printer

translation.....

\\nameofpc\nameofprinter
www.coribright.com

"tophellcat" <tophellcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am having trouble networking my new printer. i have tried all the
>options
> that the help file says and just cant find the printer. i have set the
> printer so that it is shared but the computer i am trying to access the
> printer from just cant find it. can you help me?
>
> ps. i have tried all the options but there were two out of the three that
> didn't understand. one was to type says to type something like this
> "\\server\printer" and the other says
> "http://server/printers/myprinter/.printer". how do i set those up. i
> tried
> look for the address of the printer but it didn't give me one. the line
> was
> just blank. do i have to make an address for it myself or is there
> something
> else. or could this just be happening because i am using a printer that
> uses
> a USB conection to the computer instead of the normal printer cable. can
> anyone help?

Hi.. It's a Bill Gates product, it never works like it
says on the tin...

Enough waffle...

Go to pc which has print installed...

Right click the icons and left on the properties..

Hit the netork ID tab..

This will tell you the mc name (STAT01.. Dfe00021..ectc)

write this down, ya gonna need it..

Close the window and open the printers folder..

right click the printer and select sharing..

Write down the shared as name...

Go to another PC..

Add the printer...network printer..

On this window select the scond option...

Type \\COMPUTER NAME\ It shold now suddenly appear just
below the box...

If it don't.. enter the fu;; path.. \\COPMUTER
NAME\PRINTER SHARD NAME.

If it's go a diffent OS from the main PC you will have to
install a diver at this ponit locally...

Cheers

Just remember that any spaces in the 'Names' of either PC or Printer are NOT
legal characters. They should be underscores!
www.coribright.com