usbscan.sys is missing

Hi,
could someone please help me out! I've installed HP All-
in-one printer, scanner,... and it's looking for
usbscan.sys file on the XP CD. I don't have the XP CD and
I searched Microsoft and found a hotfix but there's no
link or anything that I can download the fix. I have SP1
and I have all the updates except SP2, and I really don't
want to download SP2.

Would appreciate a solution, this thing is getting on my
nerves!
3 answers Last reply
More about usbscan missing

    GOTO the following website and you can download it from there

    www.usbman.com/WebDrivers/USBScan/USBSCAN.SYS

    just copy and paste the site into your browser if it does not work

    "Penny" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > could someone please help me out! I've installed HP All-
    > in-one printer, scanner,... and it's looking for
    > usbscan.sys file on the XP CD. I don't have the XP CD and
    > I searched Microsoft and found a hotfix but there's no
    > link or anything that I can download the fix. I have SP1
    > and I have all the updates except SP2, and I really don't
    > want to download SP2.
    >
    > Would appreciate a solution, this thing is getting on my
    > nerves!

    Or use this weblink for the Hewlet Packard files from the windows 98 disk but
    they should be the same just an earlier version

    http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/21/21234.htm

    "Penny" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > could someone please help me out! I've installed HP All-
    > in-one printer, scanner,... and it's looking for
    > usbscan.sys file on the XP CD. I don't have the XP CD and
    > I searched Microsoft and found a hotfix but there's no
    > link or anything that I can download the fix. I have SP1
    > and I have all the updates except SP2, and I really don't
    > want to download SP2.
    >
    > Would appreciate a solution, this thing is getting on my
    > nerves!

  3. Quote:

    "Penny" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > could someone please help me out! I've installed HP All-
    > in-one printer, scanner,... and it's looking for
    > usbscan.sys file on the XP CD. I don't have the XP CD and
    > I searched Microsoft and found a hotfix but there's no
    > link or anything that I can download the fix. I have SP1
    > and I have all the updates except SP2, and I really don't
    > want to download SP2.
    >
    > Would appreciate a solution, this thing is getting on my
    > nerves!

    i tried the website can read any thing. jason

Microsoft Windows XP