Heat and Power

G

Okay, Here's the scenario. I've just bought all the parts for my new system, however in doing some reading, I realized that the Enlight 300w pwr supply might not cut it. Also of some concern is whether the hsf that comes the cpu will keep things cool enough. Here's my specs:

AMD 1.4Ghz 266FSB CPU
ASUS A7M266 Mainboard
ASUS GeForc2 GTS 64MB
CD-ROM Drive
DVD/CD-RW Drive
40GB HD
A Sound Card (undetermined)

I also have 2 case fans (one in front and one in back. I don't think I'll be attempting any overclocking in the near future, so basically I'd like to know if I'm going to need a better hsf and power supply. If so,some suggestions on what to get would be helpful too, as well as good places to get them. Thanks very much in advance!

FatBurger

Illustrious
I replied in your other post, but I need to add that the stock HSF will be fine if you're not overclocking.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
300 watts should cut it, but if you run into problems, go with a higher rated one from Enermax.

Concerning cooling, if you are not planning on overclocking, you should be fine with the stock setup.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
i ahve a 1.2 with a case fan in the front and one blowing out the back along with the rsu fan

i have two 7200 rpm hardrives and a cd bruiner and dvd

i have the retial heatsink

but i only have a 1.2 and i only reach 50 c at the hifhes and that runnign folding at home all night long

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile: