Link for best air flow diagrams...

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
I am installing my new gear tomorrow and was wondering if there is any link with explanation on how to achive better air flow thru the case.
Regards

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Generally speaking, air in at the bottom out at the top, ensureing all cables etc are'nt restricting air flow, a lot depends on your case, mine is really bad for air flow, the psu is immediatly above the cpu, but thers space for 2 fans ABOVE that, not much use as the cpu wires are right in the way!, just ensure air can flow right through and over components where possible.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
air in at the front bottom, out at the back.
rounded ide cables DO help. and besides, they are just so much neater and SCHWEET.

often the perforated intake and exit vents for the fans are CRAP.
i have a standard case with 2 low speed fans in it. the one at the back was trying to push air out throu perforated holes... i found that OVER half the air couldnt get out and was being recirculated.

solution? pair of metal cutters to hack out (literally) a 80mm hole and a 2 dollar fan guard.

end result. 3-4C off the mobo temp, and 2-3C off the processor.

basically, make sure that the air has got lots of room to flow. pleanty of freespace.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.