Ace

I recently bought a new epson printer and the first two
items on the installation disc won't install. I get the
message " 16-bit ms-dos subsystem. path to the program
that you are trying to start or install.
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file not
suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows
applications.
I tried the solution that epson told me which was, go to
command prompt and type " expand d:\i386
\autoexec.nt_c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt , but I
get " no destination for that command and it does'nt
work. Epson say it's a computer related problem. I can't
tell how much ink I have left, help?

The Epson installation cd will include drivers and software for Win 98/ME as
well as XP.. you are attempting to install software that is not compatible
with the operating system.. if you let the cd autostart, it will install all
driver/software that is applicable to your printer/OS combination..

"ace" <pnmw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new epson printer and the first two
> items on the installation disc won't install. I get the
> message " 16-bit ms-dos subsystem. path to the program
> that you are trying to start or install.
> c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file not
> suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows
> applications.
> I tried the solution that epson told me which was, go to
> command prompt and type " expand d:\i386
> \autoexec.nt_c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt , but I
> get " no destination for that command and it does'nt
> work. Epson say it's a computer related problem. I can't
> tell how much ink I have left, help?

Hi

See if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"ace" <pnmw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new epson printer and the first two
> items on the installation disc won't install. I get the
> message " 16-bit ms-dos subsystem. path to the program
> that you are trying to start or install.
> c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file not
> suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows
> applications.
> I tried the solution that epson told me which was, go to
> command prompt and type " expand d:\i386
> \autoexec.nt_c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt , but I
> get " no destination for that command and it does'nt
> work. Epson say it's a computer related problem. I can't
> tell how much ink I have left, help?

Ace

thanks. But I've already tried what that article says.