Microsoft Fax Error

Each time I attempt to fax a .tif document produced with a
HP scanner (see KB 306663), the Fax Monitor reports "An
error occurred while sending the fax." I use the HP
scanner in place of a physical or virtual fax machine.
What should I do to successfully send this fax? TIA
9 answers Last reply
More about microsoft error

    How are you creating the TIF? How are trying to send it?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Jack Mills" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Each time I attempt to fax a .tif document produced with a
    > HP scanner (see KB 306663), the Fax Monitor reports "An
    > error occurred while sending the fax." I use the HP
    > scanner in place of a physical or virtual fax machine.
    > What should I do to successfully send this fax? TIA

    The TIF is created with HP Scanjet 3670 and sent over an
    IBIS NetoDragon 56K Voice Modem (digitally signed driver
    dated 7/16/2003) by following step-by-step the
    instructions laid out on
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid+306663.
    FYI, XP Pro SP2 has been successfully applied. Does this
    information help you help me solve my problem? TIA

    But from what application are you printing the TIF file?
    Have you tried printing it from the application in which it was created?
    Is the modem invoked?
    Anything in Event Viewer?

    --
    > The TIF is created with HP Scanjet 3670 and sent over an
    > IBIS NetoDragon 56K Voice Modem (digitally signed driver
    > dated 7/16/2003) by following step-by-step the
    > instructions laid out on
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid+306663.
    > FYI, XP Pro SP2 has been successfully applied. Does this
    > information help you help me solve my problem? TIA

    Printed the TIF file from the a) Microsoft Office Document
    Imaging, b) Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and c) HP
    Photo & Imaging Gallery programs. Yes, I printed it from
    the HP application. Yes, the fax is invoked (meaning it
    dials out, and I can hear the standard tones associated
    with the querying and accepting of the digital data.
    Here's the event viewer's report:
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    Event Category: Outbound
    Event ID: 32028
    Date: 9/1/2004
    Time: 10:50:39 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DON
    An error was encountered while sending a fax. The service
    will attempt to resend the fax. If further transmissions
    fail, please verify that the phone line, fax sending
    device, and fax receiving device are working properly.
    Sender: Jack Mills. Billing code: . Sender company:
    Decisions Information. Sender dept: . Recipient name: Loan
    Mtce Dept--Nelnet (Business Fax). Recipient number: 1
    402 458-2298. Device name: NetoDragon 56K Voice Modem.

    _

    Uh-oh. That means this is a transmission error, not a rendering problem.
    These are very difficult to track down.
    Can you fax to other numbers successfully? Do you know if your fax modem is
    on the Windows XP HCL list?
    --
    > Printed the TIF file from the a) Microsoft Office Document
    > Imaging, b) Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and c) HP
    > Photo & Imaging Gallery programs. Yes, I printed it from
    > the HP application. Yes, the fax is invoked (meaning it
    > dials out, and I can hear the standard tones associated
    > with the querying and accepting of the digital data.
    > Here's the event viewer's report:
    > Event Type: Warning
    > Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    > Event Category: Outbound
    > Event ID: 32028
    > Date: 9/1/2004
    > Time: 10:50:39 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: DON
    > An error was encountered while sending a fax. The service
    > will attempt to resend the fax. If further transmissions
    > fail, please verify that the phone line, fax sending
    > device, and fax receiving device are working properly.
    > Sender: Jack Mills. Billing code: . Sender company:
    > Decisions Information. Sender dept: . Recipient name: Loan
    > Mtce Dept--Nelnet (Business Fax). Recipient number: 1
    > 402 458-2298. Device name: NetoDragon 56K Voice Modem.

    > _

    A "made for Windows XP" modem is on order and should be
    installed after the holiday. I'll try again and see if
    the new modem solves my problem. Later.

    "Made for Windows XP" is not reliable. Look at the HCL list before you
    purchase.

    --
    >A "made for Windows XP" modem is on order and should be
    > installed after the holiday. I'll try again and see if
    > the new modem solves my problem. Later.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I've ordered a Creative Modem Blaster PCI DI5652-1, the status of which is
    Designed for Windows XP. It is one of the many modem choices listed in
    Microsoft's replacement for XP HCL, the Windows Catalog. Should working,
    don't you believe? Later.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    One can only hope.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Jack Mills" <Jack Mills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've ordered a Creative Modem Blaster PCI DI5652-1, the status of which is
    > Designed for Windows XP. It is one of the many modem choices listed in
    > Microsoft's replacement for XP HCL, the Windows Catalog. Should working,
    > don't you believe? Later.

Fax Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP