How to O/C Geforce2 MX

Access

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2001
yesterday I try to O/C my geforce2 MX, I've been reading several papers that said it is a lot safer to O/C geforce2 MX from registry rather than using third party software.. so I done it, but somehow I can't change the clock setting, according to xbits I have to change the registry in the :
HKey_Local_Machine\Software\NVidia.. blablabla and create new key with coolbits name and value DWord of 3, this can open up new tab control in NVidia setting, but somehow everytime I checked to set the clock, it always needs restart, no matter how many time I restart my computer, it always reset the setting into unchecked, when I checked again, always needs restart again..

anyone??????

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Get the GeForce Tweak Util. www.guru3d.com . It is excellent software. Very user friendly, and it allows you to do the CoolBits hack w/o restarting!

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

Access

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2001
thank you Red_Zealot, I already have the 3.04, but after what you told me and I go there again, I have found 3.1 version, there's one more thing I wanna ask you, in xbits, there is a paper that describe to O/C geforce2 MX in extremely way, and it used HS, on the other paper, I forgot where it came from, it used HSF, I myself had an old Pentium classic HS, which I can cut to match the size of the memori module on my geforce, but the question is, does it help a lot, and also, do I have to change the HSF of the card, cause it came with small HSF

thanks again