Ingame right click moves mouse.

Fox234

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2012
Ok this is a strange bug and I can't even fathom what to do about it. Basically the other day while playing Bad Company 2 my computer crashed. No problem since I know BC2 can do that. I rebooted and went about my day. Well yesterday I tried playing BC2 again but noticed every time I right clicked to aim my mouse would rocket up and to the right. Thinking maybe it was a Steam issue I installed the game by Origin but it gave me the same problem. I've tried swapping with 2 different mice but they all did it. So then I restarted the computer and tried again, same result. Next up was to test other games. I tried Mass Effect 3 and Oblivion and they both do it. The kicker is I started noticing a pattern in the jumping. If I was moving my mouse up even just a couple of pixels then it jumps up. If I was moving right it jumps right. However it will never jump left or down. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

OS is Win7 Home Prem

Fox234

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2012
I recorded a video of the bug happening. http://youtu.be/69VQab1k6R4 This video was taken on a brand new 5 button mouse with the dpi setting at 800dpi and mouse sensitivity turned down ingame as well. I have tried 2 other mice as well and all 3 do this. As I said this bug is repeatable in all my games. It doesn't happen at game menus or at the windows desktop.

Fox234

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2012
Thanks for the help. It was the driver. Apparently it must have corrupted when my omputer crashed. As soon as I uninstalled and reinstalled it was fixed.