kg7 w/ memory trouble

razo

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001
i just got done putting my sytem together..i updated the bois (4j) and just normal bios settings just as 10.5 x 133 for 1400. i haven't tried to tweak anything. i also put settings of CAS 2 on my RAM but whenever i tried putting "turbo" settings on...my sytem repeadily reboots once it reaches windows? how come? i have good ram...
i tried giving it more voltage..like 2.7v (i think) and more CPU voltage (1.8v) but nothing changes...

here r specs:
corsair 2100 512 CAS 2.5
abit kg7-raid
amd athlon 1.4
asus v7700

i hope someone can help me out. i'm pretty sure corsair ram can run @ CAS 2 and turbo timing...but why not mine? thanks for your time.

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
i think your just unlucky ?
ram is only made to run at the speed stated its just with good quality ram you've a lot better chance of o/clocking it !!!
getting it from CL2.5 to CL2 is pretty good anyway!!
does it run in fast mode??
if thats 2 sticks of 256 you've got try 1 at a time & see what you can o/c it to (1 may be better than the other)

razo

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001
hmmm the ram only goes normal or auto ... - -;; not even fast.... and its only one stick of of ram of 512...

it doesn't have to do w/ voltages or anything does it?

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
upping the voltage may help i'm running my crucial @ 2.62v
try going up one step at a time see wot happens
but you may just be stuck at that!!
will it run turbo @CL2.5 ???
if it does i would run sandra to see which settings give the best result!!

G

My memory (PC2100/2.5 Micron 2 x 256) was kinda wimpy too. At first, one of my machines was unstable with CL=2/TURBO. Raising Vcore solved it. (Watch those temps!)

My DDR Voltage is set at the default 4J BIOS => DDR Voltage of 2.65V). I didn't try raising it because I don't have a way to watch memory temp.

I never have been able to raise FSB significantly with these memory settings. Actually, I haven't had much luck with elevated FSB frequencies with ANY memory settings. :/

I just run with 11.5/133, CL=2/Turbo, and default voltages (except the one that has Vcore at 1.825V) settings and everything gets along fine.