Sign in with
Your question

Finding friends for PC Gaming?

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2012 3:49:11 AM

I just made the switch from console gaming over to PC. Ive been playing a bunch of games, but it gets lonely after a while. Most of my friends are stuck with consoles and none have made the switch over.
Since im totally new to PC gaming, my question is: how do you find friends/groups to play games with?

More about : finding friends gaming

June 24, 2012 8:38:30 AM

play very social games aka TF2, Counter Strike, SC2 (custom games exspecially) etc. These games its alot easier after a game or 2 with the same person to add them to your friends list, after that move towards using skype with them and from then on it should be ok. Dont take my advice to be true, its just what i would suggest.

Either way it would be best for you to get your Real life friends onto the PC as it would be alot more enjoyable.
m
l
June 24, 2012 10:21:16 AM

Along with what ragnarok said, you can also look at reddit, for example Battlefield 3 has people looking for someone to play with them in the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/platooncentral

You may find it better to have actual friends play, some people online have bad manners or can't control anger sometimes. But, you can always play with those who are nice :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2013 2:21:39 AM

adampcpower said:
I just made the switch from console gaming over to PC. Ive been playing a bunch of games, but it gets lonely after a while. Most of my friends are stuck with consoles and none have made the switch over.
Since im totally new to PC gaming, my question is: how do you find friends/groups to play games with?

I know personally it's sometimes hard to find people to have a good time with. Often my favorite friends are busy or offline so I look for others to play with.

Some game lend themselves more to community, such as minecraft. Also, voice servers are a great way to meet people. You could download mumble (a voice software) and look at the public list of servers for people to hang out with. I would just connect and see how people respond. Often people will be rude, but when you find nice people it's worth all the hassle and they usually are welcoming and you can stick with them for a while.

I'm also trying to get a website up and running.

www.gamerfriendfinder.com

Basically, it's like a twitter for people to find gaming friends quickly. I hope the website takes off because I know how it's like to be lonely.
m
l
January 30, 2013 4:34:56 AM

I recently made the switch from ps3 still have it but havent touched it since i bought my pc. lol.
m
l
!