the_Rainman

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2001
Hey All, not sure if this is the place to post this question about benchmarking but anyways....

I've noticed other posters in this forum overclocking their amd 1.0+ GHz and quoting their 3DMark2000 (or other) scores. I was wondering what's considered to be a good mark?

My system:
o AMD 1.2, oc-ed to 1.4
o Abit kt7a-raid mobo
o 256Mb ram
o Radeon 64Mb vivo

I've noted that others with a 1.2 (oc-ed to whatever) have quoted scores of around 3500. I'm not sure how big of a part in the scores the other components in the system plays, but with my current configuration, I have consistently scored within a range of 5007 to 5112 under 3DMark2000 running the default benchmark.

I assume that the higher the mark the better, but are my scores realistic in comparison with others with a similar configuration? Am I running the benchmark program incorrectly?

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Post your "compare" link so we can evaluate your score.
Your score, if you are running the Benchmark (Almost sounds like 2001, but probly too high) correctly, Your score is quite low. Are you using Win2k? That would explain the problem. ALl the ATi fanatics....But the ATi cards suck in Win2k. Is you had a GeForce2 Pro or Ultra, you would be hitting 100000+. But post your compare url.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.