Linda

I was using a dial up connection and had no problem with
my faxing, when I went to print I would just choose fax
and the fax wizard came up and faxed fine.

I have recently installed dsl and cant fax? can someone
please help? I'm still in the learning process of all
this and dont know why it used to work but cant seem to
get it to work now.

thanks, linda

Faxing requires an analog fax modem and phone line. You could only fax over
DSL if you apply a line filter that will provide an analog hookup to an
analog fax modem.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was using a dial up connection and had no problem with
> my faxing, when I went to print I would just choose fax
> and the fax wizard came up and faxed fine.
>
> I have recently installed dsl and cant fax? can someone
> please help? I'm still in the learning process of all
> this and dont know why it used to work but cant seem to
> get it to work now.
>
> thanks, linda

I just installed dsl nd have the same problem. Did you
ever find a solution to your problem. If so I woould love
to hear it.

Thanks

Victor Silverstone

Thanks for answering Linda who had the same problem.
I am something of a computer illiterate. How do I go
about "applying a line filter that will provide an analog
hookup to an analog fax modem". It does not sound like
anything I could do myself. Can you give me an idea of
where I should look for the necessary expertise.
Presumably the internal modem which I was using before
changing to DSL was an analog.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to answer

Victor Silverstone
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]
>"linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I was using a dial up connection and had no problem
with
>> my faxing, when I went to print I would just choose fax
>> and the fax wizard came up and faxed fine.
>>
>> I have recently installed dsl and cant fax? can
someone
>> please help? I'm still in the learning process of all
>> this and dont know why it used to work but cant seem to
>> get it to work now.
>>
>> thanks, linda
>

>.

Here's a DSL line filter available at your local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Victor Silverstone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

That depends on your DSL modem. With some DSL connections you can obtain a
DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard analog voice line to the
DSL line and can then connect an analog fax modem to that line. You should
be able to use your old modem for that.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]