Need help: Crashing ingame :(

roflchops

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hi folks.

I'm having a problem when I run BF3 on my newly built system.

{system specs}

MoBo: - ASRock Z77 Extreme6.
CPU: - Intel core i5 3570k @ 3.4 Ghz.
CPU Cooler: - Aftermarket Akasa Venom Voodoo.
GPU: - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970, OC Version @ 950 Mhz core clock / 1425 Mhz memory clock - [factory OC settings].
Soundcard: - ROG - Asus Pheobus.
RAM: - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb memory dual channel 2x4Gb @ 8.8.8.24 @1.5v.
PSU: - Antec 850w High Current Pro 80+ Gold.
SSD: - Patriot Wildfire 120 Gb {C:\} System drive.
HDD: - Samsung 500 Gb internal storage {D:\} Back-up and storage drive.

{Peripherals}

Monitor: - Samsung Sync Master P2770FH.
Keyboard: - Razor Blackwidow Ultimate.
Mouse: - Cyborg R.A.T. 7.

[ ALL drivers, BIOS and Firmware are up to date and everything is as factory standand. No OC'ing has been attempted. The PC is 100% stable, all tests done have produced 0 errors. I've run memory tests, disc tests, FurMark and Prime95. All good ].

{The problem I'm experiencing}

The game loads up just fine and everything looks mighty great, but within about 5-10 mins of game-play It freezes with a horrible system noise for about 15 seconds and then it crashes back to battlelog. Message states, 'Disconnected: an error occurred.'
I ran the Punkbuster service test and it ran with no errors, plus I double checked PnkBstrA, PnkBstrB, Battlefield 3 and ESN Sonar were all allowed in windows firewall.

Really not sure what else to try to resolve this, any thoughts, tips and advice would be greatly welcome.

Thanks in advance.

RC. :hello:

roflchops

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Nothing that I can see. I cleared all the logs, ran the game until it happened and then checked Event Viewer. I could not find any errors relating to it and the Time Stamp of when it occurred. /sigh...

go into bios and enable or set hpet mode . if its just enable/disable then enable it. if it can be set to 32 or 64 set it to match your o.s bitrate which is 64.

this will stabilize windows as well as your games.
if its already set correctly then its 1 more thing you can check off.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154145 also try this.
when its done its thing, it will create a user.cfg file in the install folder. open it and make sure there are no double entrys (he may have fixed it but check anyway) if there are remove them and just run the game from the main exe. the game will see the user.cfg and run the game with the settings you leave in the file.

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60.000000
render.drawfps 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 0
render.perfoverlayvisible 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1
Screenshot.Format jpg
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1024

are the settings i use... if you dont want to use the app use the above and make your own user.cgf by cutting and pasting the above and saving it as user.cfg then copying it into (your install path or)c:\program files (x86)\origin games\battlefeild 3\

also go into the registry and make sure the install path is correct by choosing edit/find and enter battlefield 3 in the search bar. 1s it finds it and you confirm it press F3 to find the next till you get to the end of the registry...
you only need to confirm entries in the origin folders and keys. do not delete any, if you need to, just rename the path.