COLD H2O....I WANT IT ALL !!!

G

i have been researching parts for a new system i want to build. I am currently leaning toward an Asus board using the Nforce 440d chipset and the athlon XP1800 procesor. In my quest, cooling has become a concern. I live in a tropical area where the ambient temps are not always computer friendly, and i have been looking at alternative methods of cooling. Water cooling seems to be a viable route to explore. I fave read articles and viewed 40 or 50 "personal projects" only to come away with the feeling that water cooling is somewhat...expiremental. Does a comparison article exsist to anyones knowledge, or, better yet, would you fine people at Tomshardware would take the time to do a roundup of water coolers. That would definitly be COOL !!!

<font color=purple><b>The more I learn.....the less I realize I actually know!!</b></font color=purple> :wink:

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if you live in a tropical are you will need to be wary of condensation which can occur on a water block... maybe look at the vapochill (though a bit expensive its not a water cooler a lot better)

if in doubt blame microsoft...

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
well I suppose it is experimental to an extent- peopple that "tinker" at home dont often use a pre fabricated cooling setup, and lets face it, water cooling isnt "needed" and so watercoolers arnt likely to be available in your local pc store. You dont mention what sort of temps you have where you live. For an idea of a diy watercooler check <A HREF="http://www.calvsplace.cwc.net" target="_new">my site</A> I docimented my watercooling project as I went along.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers