Printing problem to a HP Printer from Office XP Applications

I have installed a Officejet 5510 to a PC running Windows
98 SE. I have configured the printer over the network to a
IBM Laptop T40 with Windows XP Pro. The printer works
fine. but I have to start the PC where the printer is
connected first or else the printer gets deleted from the
laptops Printers folder.

Also when the PC is switched off I get the error on the
laptop in MS Outlook XP with the following file:
HPZPM309.dll.

The screenshot of the above error is attached for
reference.

Please help.

Nilesh S. Shah
+919819415874
3 answers Last reply
More about printing problem printer office applications

    Your screenshot is missing

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "Nilesh S. Shah" <hardwaresupport@marsrestaurants.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed a Officejet 5510 to a PC running Windows
    > 98 SE. I have configured the printer over the network to a
    > IBM Laptop T40 with Windows XP Pro. The printer works
    > fine. but I have to start the PC where the printer is
    > connected first or else the printer gets deleted from the
    > laptops Printers folder.
    >
    > Also when the PC is switched off I get the error on the
    > laptop in MS Outlook XP with the following file:
    > HPZPM309.dll.
    >
    > The screenshot of the above error is attached for
    > reference.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Nilesh S. Shah
    > +919819415874

    Attachements are not permitted to Newsgroups.
    www.coribright.com

    "Peter" <0spam0 AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > Your screenshot is missing

    The most recent drivers are v 3.5.0. dated 6-2004. If these are not the
    drivers in use, It would be worth removing the present drivers and
    installing them; however, it think these are the drivers issued
    originally.

    One solution is to install another printer driver on the laptop for any
    printer at all. Select File as its connection. Set it as default.
    Now the actual printer will not be deleted if the laptop is on when the
    Win98 SE computer is not. The error will stop.. The nuisance is
    switching drivers when you want to print to the HP printer.

    Hopefully there is a better solution to be found.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    :
    : Also when the PC is switched off I get the error on the
    : laptop in MS Outlook XP with the following file:
    : HPZPM309.dll.
    :
    : The screenshot of the above error is attached for
    : reference.
    :
    : Please help.
    :