Presario CDS 524 Hardware

Hey,
Can anyone tell me if the Presario CDS 524 is build by standart
component (motherboard, screen.....) or if the motherboard is a
all-in-one.

Does anyone know what the max resolution is on the screen, if its
driven from another grafiqcard.

I am thinking on getting one and put a new motherboard in it.

Thanks
Kent

--
HighStop

Alexandre_BR

No, The Presario CDS524 motherboard is not standard, not even LPX.

The video is connected through a proprietary internal connection. The same is valid for the power supply and disk drives.

The screen, I am not sure if the max resolution is 800x600 or 1024x768... but the onboard graphics chip had only 512k anyway. At that time, onboard graphics always used dedicated memory.

No way putting a different motherboard into it, unless you are willing to do an extensive casemod.