ebay

From:TLS
nospam@nospam.com

> I just got a Motorola v265 cellphone (Verizon) and am wondering where
> the best place to get an additional battery is? Any recommendations?
>
> Also, can this use the same car charger from my v60c? I notice it's
> the same plug but just though I'd check. Thanks for any info.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:50:58 GMT, TLS <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I just got a Motorola v265 cellphone (Verizon) and am wondering where
>the best place to get an additional battery is? Any recommendations?
>
>Also, can this use the same car charger from my v60c? I notice it's the
>same plug but just though I'd check. Thanks for any info.

I've bought several batteries from http://www.cellphoneshop.net/ with
good results.

The good: Cheap prices, even with shipping.

The bad: 5 days to receive the battery. But they are in Taiwan, so I
guess you just deal with it.

- Sandy

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:50:58 GMT, TLS <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>I just got a Motorola v265 cellphone (Verizon) and am wondering where
>the best place to get an additional battery is? Any recommendations?

I've used these guys - http://www.cellularaccessory.com

Dean

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

We have been using my wife's chargers from her v60 with her v265. No
problems. That was a small one of the reasons we went with that phone, and
we're glad we did. As I suspected, she never uses the camera, but it is a
better
phone (RF-wise) than my v60s.

Dean
_______________________________________-
"TLS" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I just got a Motorola v265 cellphone (Verizon) and am wondering where
> the best place to get an additional battery is? Any recommendations?
>
> Also, can this use the same car charger from my v60c? I notice it's the
> same plug but just though I'd check. Thanks for any info.

DonR

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Wal-Mart has genuine Motorola at a great price. It would be the same battery
as the V60.

"DonR" <drennardnospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Wal-Mart has genuine Motorola at a great price. It would be the same
> battery
> as the V60.

That turns out not to be the case. Verizon has twice sent me V60 batteries
for my V265s; they do not fit. The V265 has a couple of raised ridges in
the contact area; the battery has corresponding grooves allowing it to slide
in. The V60 battery lacks those grooves and cannot be inserted. (And no,
I'm not willing to take a file or X-acto knife to a couple of brand-new
phones).

- Dennis Brothers