JP_MIGRAINE

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
i justgot to case fans in the mail.a front and rear fan. i thought they would be the same size but when i got them today they were different.. the rear is 60mm and the front is 80mm.. the rear is small and does fit in the prefit holes in the rear case .is there a way to change the direction of the fan so i can use the 80mm in the rear to blow hot air out of the pc,and change the 600 to blow air in? and would the small 60mm cool the case enough? well thanks for helping...
JP......

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
actually the rear should be the 80 and the front should be the 60

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
the fans rotate one way, but simply flipping the fan will reverse the flow direction. the position of the fans depends on the layout of the case, I'd try it both ways, the 60 at the bottom/80 at top, then the orhter way, keep an eye on the temps, remember the psu will also be exhausting at the top so more than likely it will be better with the larger fan at the bottom.
Did you order a 60 and an 80? if you ordered 2 80's then return the 60.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

JP_MIGRAINE

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
i wasnt sure of the sizes when i ordered them it just sais front and back case fans ... i am gonna try using the 60 on top and 80 on the bottom ,i have a full tower atx case and a amd 1ghz cpu ,hope it will keep it cool for now...
thanks for your help....
JP...