Looking for a good reliable video capture software for gameplay

burstfyre20

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
since i don't have much scheduled for summer yet i figure i might start posting videos on my youtube account since i have one but with nothing in it.
I've tried fraps but it only seems to capture short segments at a time. i also tried bandicam and playclaw but with same results, short segments. so i'm looking for any suggestions from others who have more experience with video capture software.

Solution
The best option is MSI AfterBurner.It's free .The download link is here-

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

The latest version (non beta) is v2.2.2.It records sound as well.
There is a settings button in the bottom right ,just above the version number.Clicking on it would open the AfterBurner Properties.Browse through the tabs and there you will find an option for video capture.
Hope this helps. :)

burstfyre20

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

correct me if i'm wrong, msi afterburner is a gpu overclocking utility not video capute software.

yep it records video and the later versions sound as well

look on youtube for examples

Video is recorded using a hotkey. To access the video recording options (and to set a hotkey), click the settings button found between the overclocking sliders and the version number on the Afterburner client. MSI afterburner does not record sound until versions 2.2 (beta) and later.

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
The best option is MSI AfterBurner.It's free .The download link is here-

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

The latest version (non beta) is v2.2.2.It records sound as well.
There is a settings button in the bottom right ,just above the version number.Clicking on it would open the AfterBurner Properties.Browse through the tabs and there you will find an option for video capture.
Hope this helps. :)

Solution

burstfyre20

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

Thanks, I like it a little more than Fraps since it also doubles as a OCing utility. :) Though the video output files are quite large :s