Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for a good reliable video capture software for gameplay

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2012 6:03:29 AM

since i don't have much scheduled for summer yet i figure i might start posting videos on my youtube account since i have one but with nothing in it.
I've tried fraps but it only seems to capture short segments at a time. i also tried bandicam and playclaw but with same results, short segments. so i'm looking for any suggestions from others who have more experience with video capture software.
June 25, 2012 8:59:34 AM

what about msi afterburner?

have heard its better than fraps though never tried it as my cctv software can video capture the screen as

well so i use that
m
l
June 25, 2012 1:37:05 PM

I believe xfire has video capture feature too, check it out
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2012 3:07:39 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
what about msi afterburner?

have heard its better than fraps though never tried it as my cctv software can video capture the screen as

well so i use that

correct me if i'm wrong, msi afterburner is a gpu overclocking utility not video capute software.
m
l
June 25, 2012 3:08:43 PM

AntiZig said:
I believe xfire has video capture feature too, check it out

really?!? xfire does video capture? i didn't know that. 0.o i'll check it out.
m
l
June 25, 2012 3:32:10 PM

burstfyre20 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, msi afterburner is a gpu overclocking utility not video capute software.

it does both gpu overclocking and video capture
m
l
June 25, 2012 3:43:14 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
it does both gpu overclocking and video capture

seriously it actually records video?!?0.o so were is the option for it then?
m
l
June 25, 2012 3:59:43 PM

yep it records video and the later versions sound as well

look on youtube for examples

Video is recorded using a hotkey. To access the video recording options (and to set a hotkey), click the settings button found between the overclocking sliders and the version number on the Afterburner client. MSI afterburner does not record sound until versions 2.2 (beta) and later.
m
l

Best solution

June 26, 2012 11:34:33 AM

The best option is MSI AfterBurner.It's free .The download link is here-

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

The latest version (non beta) is v2.2.2.It records sound as well.
There is a settings button in the bottom right ,just above the version number.Clicking on it would open the AfterBurner Properties.Browse through the tabs and there you will find an option for video capture.
Hope this helps. :) 
April 11, 2014 10:34:35 PM

There are so many free screen capture software available in current market which is very good for record any lenth of videos.... please search online.
m
l
May 28, 2014 10:12:12 PM

absxiith said:
The best option is MSI AfterBurner.It's free .The download link is here-

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

The latest version (non beta) is v2.2.2.It records sound as well.
There is a settings button in the bottom right ,just above the version number.Clicking on it would open the AfterBurner Properties.Browse through the tabs and there you will find an option for video capture.
Hope this helps. :) 

Thanks, I like it a little more than Fraps since it also doubles as a OCing utility. :)  Though the video output files are quite large :s
m
l
!