Error Message:"Print Spooler Service Not Running"

After installing Service Pack 2 for Windows XP
Professional I suddenly could not print anymore. I
checked the printer settings, and my printer was not
listed anymore. When I tried to set it up again (Add
Printers) I got an error message that says "Operation
could not be completed. Print spooler service not
running". I restarted the printer and the computer but no
luck. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Heiko
1 answer Last reply
More about error message print spooler service running

    "Heiko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing Service Pack 2 for Windows XP
    > Professional I suddenly could not print anymore. I
    > checked the printer settings, and my printer was not
    > listed anymore. When I tried to set it up again (Add
    > Printers) I got an error message that says "Operation
    > could not be completed. Print spooler service not
    > running". I restarted the printer and the computer but no
    > luck. What can I do to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Heiko

    Go to Start ---> Run ---> type SERVICES.MSC ---> double click on Print
    Spooler. Make sure the startup type is automatic and make sure it is
    'started'

    Also make sure the "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" Service is started +
    automatic

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

Print Spooler Error Message Printers Windows XP