Solved

Will BF3 run at 60fps with these settings?

Hello,

I'm looking to pick up a copy of BF3 but before I go spending money on it I'd like to just check out how my system will cope with the game and if I'll get 60fps with it constantly. These are my specs -

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2V MATX VGA LGA1156 mobo
INTEL CORE I5 760 2.80GHZ LGA1156 cpu
Gigabyte GV-R685D5-1GD 6850 1GB DDR5 gpu
6gb RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

It's a fairly old system now, about a year and a half or so but it's done the job well so far and I'm not keen on upgrading yet if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will 60fps settings
  1. Best answer
    You'll no doubt find the magic 60FPS, but you'll probably have to drop some of the GFX settings to reach it.
  2. Ok good to know, thanks for that. Everything else I have runs at 60fps and I find it fine.

I'm doubting I'll be able to run it on Ultra but will it run ok on High? I'm not fussed if I have to turn AA down to 2x or anything.
  3. Your best bet is to experiment with the settings until you find the right balance between looks and speed.
  4. I see.... is it just the card that's holding it back or the whole system?
  5. Thanks Recon. I'm not too fussed about upgrading right now but might look at getting a better card once Black Ops II comes out - want to be able to run that :)
  6. It uses the IW 3.0 engine which is the same as what Black Ops used, but it has a whole lot more features such as self shadowing, bounce lighting etc (according to the Wikipedia page). I thought that I'd need to upgrade my video card to handle all the improvements to the engine?
  7. Thanks for the replies to this thread chaps, just to let you know I got BF3 and I get a reasonably constant 60fps running textures on Medium and nearly everything else on low. In all honesty I'm not that fussed as even on Low it still looks like a really nice game nonetheless. :)
  8. you should get high textures, medium meshed and medium details the rest like hbao/ssao on low. also turn off blur and reduce the blur slider. to get 60 fps
  9. DONT BUY IT, ITS A RIP OFF! YOU WILL NEVER GET IT TO RUN THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO IF YOU GET IT TO RUN FOR MORE THAN 5-10 MINUTES, YOU'LL BE LUCKY!!!! WORST PC GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
  10. Best answer selected by DarkLord1984.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Gigabyte Video Games