Lexmark x125 printer problem

I just purchased a Lexmark X125 all in one printer. The
printer works great, but Windows stops communicating with
it almost every day for no reason. I have worked with
Lexmark support and reinstalled printer several times.
When I reboot, it works fine for a while, then nothing
until I reboot again. Has anyone had this problem? I do
not have SP2.
Thanks,
burnsnpoodles
5 answers Last reply
More about lexmark x125 printer problem

    Right click on My Computer and select Properties. From the Hardware tab,
    select Device Manager.

    Scroll down until you get to the Universal Bus Controllers entry. Click on
    the + to expand the tree.

    Right click on each USB root hub in turn. In the Power Management tab,
    UNCHECK the option for the PC to turn off the USB port to save power.
    www.coribright.com

    "burns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just purchased a Lexmark X125 all in one printer. The
    > printer works great, but Windows stops communicating with
    > it almost every day for no reason. I have worked with
    > Lexmark support and reinstalled printer several times.
    > When I reboot, it works fine for a while, then nothing
    > until I reboot again. Has anyone had this problem? I do
    > not have SP2.
    > Thanks,
    > burnsnpoodles

    Thanks Cari, I have done that several times. That box is
    not checked. I am still losing communication with the
    printer. And rebooting reestablishes the printer
    communication until it decides to stop again, usually
    daily, but not on any schedule I can determine.
    Diana Burns

    It could be an insufficient power supply unit.

    > Thanks Cari, I have done that several times. That box is
    > not checked. I am still losing communication with the
    > printer. And rebooting reestablishes the printer
    > communication until it decides to stop again, usually
    > daily, but not on any schedule I can determine.
    > Diana Burns

    Hi Cari,
    How would I find out if power supply is insufficient? It
    was replaced 6 months ago.
    Diana Burns

    PSU's (power supply units) come in all different wattages. I've come across
    anything from a woefully inadequate 185 watts to about 650 watts which
    appears to be adequate for almost every conceivable device connected to a
    PC.

    It's actually written on the side of the PSU as to what wattage it is.

    A really good site to work out how much power you really do need is at:
    http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

    www.coribright.com

    > Hi Cari,
    > How would I find out if power supply is insufficient? It
    > was replaced 6 months ago.
    > Diana Burns

Lexmark Microsoft Printers Windows XP