Lexmark x125 printer problem

September 4, 2004 7:23:27 PM

I just purchased a Lexmark X125 all in one printer. The
printer works great, but Windows stops communicating with
it almost every day for no reason. I have worked with
Lexmark support and reinstalled printer several times.
When I reboot, it works fine for a while, then nothing
until I reboot again. Has anyone had this problem? I do
not have SP2.
Thanks,
burnsnpoodles
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 4:22:52 PM

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. From the Hardware tab,
select Device Manager.

Scroll down until you get to the Universal Bus Controllers entry. Click on
the + to expand the tree.

Right click on each USB root hub in turn. In the Power Management tab,
UNCHECK the option for the PC to turn off the USB port to save power.
www.coribright.com

"burns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a Lexmark X125 all in one printer. The
> printer works great, but Windows stops communicating with
> it almost every day for no reason. I have worked with
> Lexmark support and reinstalled printer several times.
> When I reboot, it works fine for a while, then nothing
> until I reboot again. Has anyone had this problem? I do
> not have SP2.
> Thanks,
> burnsnpoodles
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 9:38:03 PM

Thanks Cari, I have done that several times. That box is
not checked. I am still losing communication with the
printer. And rebooting reestablishes the printer
communication until it decides to stop again, usually
daily, but not on any schedule I can determine.
Diana Burns

September 7, 2004 3:56:00 PM

It could be an insufficient power supply unit.

> Thanks Cari, I have done that several times. That box is
> not checked. I am still losing communication with the
> printer. And rebooting reestablishes the printer
> communication until it decides to stop again, usually
> daily, but not on any schedule I can determine.
> Diana Burns

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 11:02:21 AM

Hi Cari,
How would I find out if power supply is insufficient? It
was replaced 6 months ago.
Diana Burns

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:28:14 PM

PSU's (power supply units) come in all different wattages. I've come across
anything from a woefully inadequate 185 watts to about 650 watts which
appears to be adequate for almost every conceivable device connected to a
PC.

It's actually written on the side of the PSU as to what wattage it is.

A really good site to work out how much power you really do need is at:
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

www.coribright.com

!