Can't install canon Multipass F30

The installation instructions for the updated drivers to this printer says
that windows needs to install plug and play USB drivers in the install
routine before the canon drivers can be installed. Windows is not installing
the plug and play USB drivers and therefore, I can't install the canon
drivers.The canon suite says it cant see the printer connected because(?)
the Plug and Play USB drivers wont install? Please help.I have SP2
installed.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about install canon multipass

    Make sure you have the Windows XP drivers for the printer.

    http://tinyurl.com/4xnlk

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "Jim" <yo@hi.net> wrote in message
    : The installation instructions for the updated drivers to this printer
    says
    : that windows needs to install plug and play USB drivers in the install
    : routine before the canon drivers can be installed. Windows is not
    installing
    : the plug and play USB drivers and therefore, I can't install the canon
    : drivers.The canon suite says it cant see the printer connected
    because(?)
    : the Plug and Play USB drivers wont install? Please help.I have SP2
    : installed.
    : Thanks.
    :
    :

    Yes, those are the drivers I am trying to install. The install program tells
    me it cant see the printer.
    Thanks

    "Thomas Ferguson" <tomf@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Make sure you have the Windows XP drivers for the printer.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4xnlk
    >
    > Tom
    > MSMVP-DTS
    >
    > "Jim" <yo@hi.net> wrote in message
    > : The installation instructions for the updated drivers to this printer
    > says
    > : that windows needs to install plug and play USB drivers in the install
    > : routine before the canon drivers can be installed. Windows is not
    > installing
    > : the plug and play USB drivers and therefore, I can't install the canon
    > : drivers.The canon suite says it cant see the printer connected
    > because(?)
    > : the Plug and Play USB drivers wont install? Please help.I have SP2
    > : installed.
    > : Thanks.
    > :
    > :

    Navigate to Control Panel System Hardware Device Manager. Do you
    see a listing for Universal Serial Bus Controllers? Are there any yellow
    !s or red xs next to the list?

    Let us know.

    : Yes, those are the drivers I am trying to install. The install program
    tells
    : me it cant see the printer.
    : Thanks
    :
    : "Thomas Ferguson" <tomf@mvps.org> wrote in message
    : news:%23ej0mLukEHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    : > Make sure you have the Windows XP drivers for the printer.
    : >
    : > http://tinyurl.com/4xnlk
    : >
    : > Tom
    : > MSMVP-DTS
    : >
    : > "Jim" <yo@hi.net> wrote in message
    : > news:%23YcOGKtkEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : > : The installation instructions for the updated drivers to this
    printer
    : > says
    : > : that windows needs to install plug and play USB drivers in the
    install
    : > : routine before the canon drivers can be installed. Windows is not
    : > installing
    : > : the plug and play USB drivers and therefore, I can't install the
    canon
    : > : drivers.The canon suite says it cant see the printer connected
    : > because(?)
    : > : the Plug and Play USB drivers wont install? Please help.I have SP2
    : > : installed.
    : > : Thanks.
    : > :
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    After installing SP2 my previously fully operational Canon i9900 USB2
    printer could not be found. In fact no USB devices other than the
    mouse were found, even though all the USB entries in Device Manager
    looked fine. In Device Manager I selected each of the first few USB
    items and did an Update Driver which fixed the problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

    Jim wrote:
    > Yes, those are the drivers I am trying to install. The install
    > program tells me it cant see the printer.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Thomas Ferguson" <tomf@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Make sure you have the Windows XP drivers for the printer.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/4xnlk
    >>
    >> Tom
    >> MSMVP-DTS
    >>
    >> "Jim" <yo@hi.net> wrote in message
    >>> The installation instructions for the updated drivers to this
    >>> printer says that windows needs to install plug and play USB
    >>> drivers in the install routine before the canon drivers can be
    >>> installed. Windows is not installing the plug and play USB drivers
    >>> and therefore, I can't install the canon drivers.The canon suite
    >>> says it cant see the printer connected because(?) the Plug and
    >>> Play
    >>> USB drivers wont install? Please help.I have SP2 installed.
    >>> Thanks.

Drivers Canon Plug And Play USB Windows XP