geronimo

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001

1. This week I started using Dell Inspiron 8600 with XP
(but not yet with SP2) and HP OfficeJet G85 via USB with
the latest downloaded HP driver.
2. What can I do to get the system double-sided? I had the
G85 doing just that for the past three years connected to
IBM laptop.

Unfortunately, HP and other printer vendors decided to provide only basic
function printer drivers for many "older" products for Windows 2000 and XP.
Functions such as two sided printing were left out.

However, you can print on both sides of the paper manually.
Print the first page
Take the paper out of the out tray, leave it printed side up, rotate the
paper 180 degrees (portrait printing only) and put the paper back in the in
tray
print the second page

A nuisance if you have many pages to print, but do able.