Laserjet IIIP Problem

I have installed windows XP and used printer wizard to set up my Laserjet
IIIP. The printer will work fine for a few days and then I will get an "out
of paper error" message that pops up from the printer icon in the bottom
corner on the start up bar. The printer is not out of paper. The only way I
have found to correct this is to delete the printer and re-install it. I
also have a HP deskjet 672c printer that will do the same thing????

Please help this is getting frustrating.
1 answer Last reply
More about laserjet iiip problem

    Try entering the settings in the printer driver and see if the option to
    enable bidirectional support is available and checked. Also check
    setting in computer's BIOS to see where it is set (Standard Printer
    Support, SPPO, Bi-directional, EPP, ECP, EPP&ECP. Wording can differ).
    Note: a setting of EPP or ECP or ECP&EPP can result in erratic printing
    with the LaserJet III.

    Check the cable and make sure it is IEEE-1284 compliant or IEEE-1284
    certified (IEEE-1284 compatible is not good enough), has no damaged pins
    or connectors and is otherwise undamaged.

    If the computer has been moved recently, check the PCI cards and
    connections in the case to make sure they have not been loosened.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    :
    : Please help this is getting frustrating.
    :
    :
    :

Laserjet Printers Windows XP