Crysis and my PC.

auxilium

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hey People,

Quick question concerning Crysis and my PC.

I'm running..
Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
Intel Core i5-2450M Processor @ 2.5GHz (3.1GHz with Turbo Boost)
AMD HD 7670M with 1GB Dedicated Memory.
4GB of RAM

I just have questions in general about Crysis, I hear its a very demanding game when it comes to CPU/GPU in general. I just downloaded it last night and was wondering the best settings I can do with this set up and get a decent amount of FPS. I've heard the auto-optimize in the actual game isn't very reliable either so I'm trying to stay away from that.

I've read that resolution is a major part of peoples problems with Crysis is the resolution (Of course), it kills peoples FPS even with high end graphics cards and processors, my max resolution is 1600/900.

In general I'm just looking for some tips to get the game running smoothly on a decent resolution/fps but still be reveled by the beauty of the game itself, because it still is one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Solution
anything over 30 is playable 60 is the ideal minimum but if you can get more than 30 then you can increase the details, dont bother with the hd pack just get the 1.9 patch and if you want to add the dx11 patch then do so. try for medium first if thats to high turn down the water and shadows first then effects then everything else.
anything over 30 is playable 60 is the ideal minimum but if you can get more than 30 then you can increase the details, dont bother with the hd pack just get the 1.9 patch and if you want to add the dx11 patch then do so. try for medium first if thats to high turn down the water and shadows first then effects then everything else.

Solution

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

It won't be smooth if it drops below 30, AA kills the framerate so try turning it off.

In game you can press the ` key to open the console, type:-
r_displayinfo 1

and it should show the fps

r_displayinfo 0 ---------- to turn it back off

auxilium

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

Well,

I just ran it to test it out and I put it on high just for the hell of it and was getting 35-40fps, only thing turned down was Shadow Detail and I was running it at 1600 by 900. When I lowered the resolution it jumped up to 50fps give or take. I was using fraps to check the FPS, which I've heard hits performance a bit, so I'll try the console command.

Thanks for the answers.

I downloaded it via Steam so do I still need to download the patch via a website or anything like that?