Sign in with
Your question

Recording and video editing software

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2012 6:37:45 PM

I am trying to get into making Youtube videos, I already have fraps, but i have yet to get a video editing software (I've been going trial to trial) So far I've used Vegas Movie studio HD Platinum 11.0 and Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0. The "platinum" version works fine, but is about 100$, which I can't really afford, while just the regular version is only 45$ but seems to have a lot of bugs/glitches, so my question is, What editing software do you recommend? Also, is DXtory and better that FRAPS? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
June 25, 2012 6:56:34 PM

IT's OKAY but I'm looking to make GOOD videos, and to be frank WLMM is kinda of awful.
Related resources
June 26, 2012 4:01:26 PM

problem is any of the best programs will cost

power director 10 is meant to be good--but again its about the $100 mark
July 2, 2012 5:36:23 AM

I saw it around $50 is that just a ripoff or do you think it's realistic to find it at that price?
July 2, 2012 6:02:05 PM

sony vegas is supposed to be good
June 7, 2013 11:46:27 PM

philojyw said:
I am trying to get into making Youtube videos, I already have fraps, but i have yet to get a video editing software (I've been going trial to trial) So far I've used Vegas Movie studio HD Platinum 11.0 and Vegas Movie Studio HD 11.0. The "platinum" version works fine, but is about 100$, which I can't really afford, while just the regular version is only 45$ but seems to have a lot of bugs/glitches, so my question is, What editing software do you recommend? Also, is DXtory and better that FRAPS? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I usually create a lots of youtube videos, like something funny, my LOL team play videos, those all can be captured and edited via Smartpixel software. Something annoying is the watermark on the free trail.

you can download via: http://www.smartpixel.com/download.
June 14, 2013 11:03:36 PM

What is your budget?
Movie Studio is a very good video editor for newbies. What kind of bugs are you talking about?
I know only 2 video editing packages that are really good and very cheap: AVS and Movavi.
January 1, 2014 7:04:49 PM

Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects are more well known softwares, but they are overpriced and not worth it. A good but cheap software is the Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 Deluxe. You can get that off Amazon for $50. As for recording, Fraps is outdated and takes up too much memory. DxTory is better, but it is not the best. I would recommend Mirillis Action! It is a fairly new software and costs 25-30 dollars.

!