usb problem

I installed a lexmark injet printer, when i go to print it says,"incorrect
prot detected." "This printer is designed to work with USB cables only, the
current software setting is not set to USB port. I restore my computer and
had to reinstall my printer, so i know i have the right cables because it
worked before. Could someone please help me.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem

    Turn the computer and printer off. Disconnect the printer from the
    computer.

    Restart the computer. Delete the printer using the facilities in
    Control Panel Printers and faxes.

    Go to Lexmark's web site and download the printer driver for the
    printer. Also download any driver removal utility if listed.

    Run the clean-up utility according to the instructions. Restart the
    computer. install the driver according to the instructions. Do _not_
    attach the printer until the instructions direct.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "frogcitywife" <frogcitywife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    :I installed a lexmark injet printer, when i go to print it
    says,"incorrect
    : prot detected." "This printer is designed to work with USB cables
    only, the
    : current software setting is not set to USB port. I restore my
    computer and
    : had to reinstall my printer, so i know i have the right cables because
    it
    : worked before. Could someone please help me.

USB Printers Windows XP