I installed a lexmark injet printer, when i go to print it says,"incorrect
prot detected." "This printer is designed to work with USB cables only, the
current software setting is not set to USB port. I restore my computer and
had to reinstall my printer, so i know i have the right cables because it
worked before. Could someone please help me.

Turn the computer and printer off. Disconnect the printer from the
computer.

Restart the computer. Delete the printer using the facilities in
Control Panel Printers and faxes.

Go to Lexmark's web site and download the printer driver for the
printer. Also download any driver removal utility if listed.

Run the clean-up utility according to the instructions. Restart the
computer. install the driver according to the instructions. Do _not_
attach the printer until the instructions direct.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS