Canon i9900 printing speed problem..

I'd previously posted to the group about a significant slowing down of the
print function on my Canon i9900 after installing the SP2 update.

Cari, thanks for the suggestion of updating to the latest nvidia driver.
Unfortunately, it did not correct the problem.

From reading another response to my post, I am wondering if my using the
printer on a USB1 port (since I don't have USB2)
on the PC, might be part of the problem. (I did try updating their drivers,
but nothing changed.) Does XP SP2 handle the USB1 ports differently than the
prior version.

I did send an email to Canon about the issue and asked if they were planning
to put out a new driver any time soon for this printer.
Perhaps they will be more helpful than their phone tech service was.

Thanks,
Calliope

It certainly shouldn't make any difference as the USB is backwards
compatible, although it will work at the much slower speed.

After installing SP2, did you do a disk cleanup and defrag the hard drive?
www.coribright.com

"Calliope" <calliope_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd previously posted to the group about a significant slowing down of the
> print function on my Canon i9900 after installing the SP2 update.
>
> Cari, thanks for the suggestion of updating to the latest nvidia driver.
> Unfortunately, it did not correct the problem.
>
> From reading another response to my post, I am wondering if my using the
> printer on a USB1 port (since I don't have USB2)
> on the PC, might be part of the problem. (I did try updating their
> drivers, but nothing changed.) Does XP SP2 handle the USB1 ports
> differently than the prior version.
>
> I did send an email to Canon about the issue and asked if they were
> planning to put out a new driver any time soon for this printer.
> Perhaps they will be more helpful than their phone tech service was.
>
> Thanks,
> Calliope

Hi Cari,

Because of the size of my hard drives, I defrag them bi-weekly and happened
to do so last night. The disk clean-up program only shows 90k of potential
files to be removed. (I use a defragging script to defrag all of the
partitions overnight while running
Windows in the safe mode.) I just checked the C drive with the Windows
defrag analysis tool, and it is showing
0% in Total, File and Free space fragmentation.

The C drive has 3 GB available right now, on a 12 GB partition. I keep my
Temp & Temp folders on another partition which has 2 GB available. Adobe
Photoshop's scratch disk is on another partition with a very large capacity.

I did try using the printer on my 7 year old laptop, which only has 96 MB
RAM and a 300GB processer and is running ME.
I printed a test file with IrfanView on both it and my desktop. They printed
at about the same speed. (I had not previously
tested the printer on the laptop, so I don't know whether these results are
relevant to anything, but thought I would mention
it.)

If you can think of anything else, I would be happy to try it.

thank you,
Calliope