Printing to File

Having printed a web page to file, I now find myself
unable to do anything with the resulting file.

If I double click it, I am asked what application I want
to use.

Somehow, it seemed reasonable that I could use the app
from which it was created (IE), but that didn't work.
Nothing I have tried has worked.

What does one do with a .prn file once it has been
created?

Matt
1 answer Last reply
More about printing file

    copy the file to a printer. Print to file creates a file in the language of
    the print driver. Typically this feature is used on one system that does
    not have access to a particular printer model, then print to file and take
    the formatted data to a computer that does have access to the printer.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Matt Wills" <wxp01@virtualvermont.com> wrote in message
    > Having printed a web page to file, I now find myself
    > unable to do anything with the resulting file.
    >
    > If I double click it, I am asked what application I want
    > to use.
    >
    > Somehow, it seemed reasonable that I could use the app
    > from which it was created (IE), but that didn't work.
    > Nothing I have tried has worked.
    >
    > What does one do with a .prn file once it has been
    > created?
    >
    > Matt

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP