Printing to File

September 6, 2004 9:13:27 AM

Having printed a web page to file, I now find myself
unable to do anything with the resulting file.

If I double click it, I am asked what application I want
to use.

Somehow, it seemed reasonable that I could use the app
from which it was created (IE), but that didn't work.
Nothing I have tried has worked.

What does one do with a .prn file once it has been
created?

Matt

More about : printing file

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 1:05:02 PM

copy the file to a printer. Print to file creates a file in the language of
the print driver. Typically this feature is used on one system that does
not have access to a particular printer model, then print to file and take
the formatted data to a computer that does have access to the printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

!