Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cod4 vs MW2

Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2012 12:37:45 PM

I can run modern warfare 2 on max settings and i mean max max. as in everything on full. i can't even run call of duty 4 on optimal settings. i have to keep it on low settings to get smooth gameplay. anyone else have a good explanation for this? cause i sure don't.

More about : cod4 mw2

June 26, 2012 2:43:04 PM

Could you post some system specs, screen res, drivers, etc.
m
l
June 26, 2012 4:30:37 PM

iyzik said:
Could you post some system specs, screen res, drivers, etc.

My computers resolution is at its highest and here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50 GHZ

ATI Radeon HD 4350

Windows 7 64-Bit

I have Direct X 11 and all drivers are updated completely.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

June 26, 2012 5:09:18 PM

Your computer resolution is at its highest, which is....?

And frankly cod4 looks the best graphically to me. They are all on the same engine and mw2 & 3 just look idk blurrier less shiny idk maybe thats just me. Have you checked all the settings, make sure you don't have dual video cards enabled or anything weird like that. Also try just disabling AA and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: and disable shadows
June 26, 2012 5:19:31 PM

Best answer selected by bobaillery.
m
l
August 11, 2012 8:33:59 PM

bobaillery said:
I can run modern warfare 2 on max settings and i mean max max. as in everything on full. i can't even run call of duty 4 on optimal settings. i have to keep it on low settings to get smooth gameplay. anyone else have a good explanation for this? cause i sure don't.

did you ever get this figured out I have same problem? bobbyjoh123j@netscape.net
m
l
August 11, 2012 10:46:46 PM

the reason it looks worse is because you have it on max settings... go down to textures and set them to native it will now look as good as its supposed to...
m
l
!