Can't install Canon C5500 printer

My home network consists of 3 computers and 2 printers.
I'm trying to set them up to be able to share the 2
printers. David's Puter (Windows XP) has a Lexmark Z22
attached and shared. Mike's Puter (Windows 98) has a
Canon printer/fax/copier MultiPass C5500 attached and
shared. The third is Laptop (Windows XP) with no
periferals attached. All puters share their C: drives.
I am able to print documents from the Laptop to Lexmark
Z22 printer on David's Puter. However, I am not able to
access the Canon Multipass printer from David's Puter.
The MultiPass print drivers are not Microsoft Logo
tested, or something like that. I went to Canon site and
downloaded the updated drivers, and followed their
instructions, but XP still won't let me us them. Is
there something else I should be doing?
3 answers Last reply
More about install canon c5500 printer

    Can you print locally to the Canon?

    Am experiencing a similar problem with a Canon MultiPass printer where
    Windows won't even print to it locally.... Mine is connected via USB, and
    the USB port connects fine, and it displays the printer card as connected in
    the USB drive properties, but Windows still thinks there is no printer
    there...

    wrote in message
    >> My home network consists of 3 computers and 2 printers.
    >> I'm trying to set them up to be able to share the 2
    >> printers. David's Puter (Windows XP) has a Lexmark Z22
    >> attached and shared. Mike's Puter (Windows 98) has a
    >> Canon printer/fax/copier MultiPass C5500 attached and
    >> shared. The third is Laptop (Windows XP) with no
    >> periferals attached. All puters share their C: drives.
    >> I am able to print documents from the Laptop to Lexmark
    >> Z22 printer on David's Puter. However, I am not able
    >> access the Canon Multipass printer from David's Puter.
    >> The MultiPass print drivers are not Microsoft Logo
    >> tested, or something like that. I went to Canon site
    and
    >> downloaded the updated drivers, and followed their
    >> instructions, but XP still won't let me us them. Is
    >> there something else I should be doing?
    >

    >.
    Yes, I can print locally to the Canon from the 98 machine
    to which it is attached. I installed the drivers with
    the original CD that came with the C5500. I used to have
    the Canon Multipass attached to my XP machine a few years
    ago(using those same original drivers), but, after a
    couple years, it quit working. So I attached it to a 98
    machine, and it works fine. I wonder if it quit working
    with XP after installing an XP update. Still, you'd
    think that the new Canon drivers for XP, that I
    downloaded, would work. But no!

    If you using SP2 for XP you need this hotfix

    "DRIFT-O-MATIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My home network consists of 3 computers and 2 printers.
    > I'm trying to set them up to be able to share the 2
    > printers. David's Puter (Windows XP) has a Lexmark Z22
    > attached and shared. Mike's Puter (Windows 98) has a
    > Canon printer/fax/copier MultiPass C5500 attached and
    > shared. The third is Laptop (Windows XP) with no
    > periferals attached. All puters share their C: drives.
    > I am able to print documents from the Laptop to Lexmark
    > Z22 printer on David's Puter. However, I am not able to
    > access the Canon Multipass printer from David's Puter.
    > The MultiPass print drivers are not Microsoft Logo
    > tested, or something like that. I went to Canon site and
    > downloaded the updated drivers, and followed their
    > instructions, but XP still won't let me us them. Is
    > there something else I should be doing?

Printers Canon Windows XP