Recommend me some games :D

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
So as everyone knows, summer is here and of all the choices, my parents bought me a macbook.

Naturally, I skipped Lion and went straight with boot camp. Then I tried all my games from my old desktop and none of them run
without the fps rates becoming unbearable.

So recommend me some games that should run pretty good on an Intel hd 3000 card? :bounce:

Solution

I tested some games on my Lenovo Y470 lapto (1366x768 resolution) using the Intel HD 3000 instead of the nVidia GT 550m.

In the 2nd chapter of Crysis (Relic) I was able to get on average about 24FPS with everything set to low. Peak FPS was probably 28FPS and dipped as low as 15FPS. Generally playable as long as you are not charging your enemies with guns a blazing. But everyone know that final battle is a real resource hog. I would...

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Nah you could do some diablo 3 at low getting 30+ fps. COD MW3 at medium-30 fps. Low 70+ fps. Starcraft 2 at low. Left for dead at high. Quake 4 at ultra. Counter strike source at high. If you have an i5 in your computer, you can play crysis at low. If i3, your computer isn't powerful enough.

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

I have the i7 but then I have never played crysis before only crysis 2. What frame rates should I expect?

If you have the Intel Integrated Graphics, your framerates won't be good on Crysis. You might just barely get 30FPS on the lowest possible settings. Most MacBooks have weak GPUs, so they aren't well suited to high end gaming. You can download GPU-Z to check which graphics chip your MacBook has.

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
What supernova said, 30 fps at lowest settings. Playing games with a integrated graphics card requires a lot of ram, because instead of having dedicated graphics memory like a discrete graphics card, an integrated card has to use ram for video memory.

meximexi

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
minecraft take out all the time xD but get into serves where u can play with someone
or valiant arms (its a shooter, free,online etc with nice ghrapics etc) try it

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
a422kp.gif
Tons of fun

I tested some games on my Lenovo Y470 lapto (1366x768 resolution) using the Intel HD 3000 instead of the nVidia GT 550m.

In the 2nd chapter of Crysis (Relic) I was able to get on average about 24FPS with everything set to low. Peak FPS was probably 28FPS and dipped as low as 15FPS. Generally playable as long as you are not charging your enemies with guns a blazing. But everyone know that final battle is a real resource hog. I would expect an average of less than 15FPS in that final battle, with dips into the mid single digits.

Fallout 3 is playable with a mix of low and medium graphics. But you need to install a modified D3D9.dll file since the game does not recognize Intel graphic cores. The dll was originally meant for Oblivion, so obviously you can also play that game as well.

http://www.oldblivion.com/sm/index.php?topic=6928.0

I actually decided to replay Mass Effect 2 and all the DLCs by just using the Intel HD 3000 graphic core. The game is playable. That means Mass Effect 1 should be fine. Don't know about Mass Effect 3 since I have not bought it yet.

King's Bounty - Armored Princess is playable, but for some strange reason some of the gets corrupted on a 1366x768 resolution screen.

Cities XL 2012 is playable on low settings but the game is not very well optimized (only uses 1 core) and suffers from memory leak which causes the game to eventually lag no matter how powerful your system / laptop is. Yep, it even lags with the nVidia GT 550m eventually...

Solution