XP Fax Console and cellphone

Has anyone been able to send a fax using the fax console
through a mobile phone?
I am trying to use a Nokia 7250i. I have been able to set
it up as a modem and been able to make a call using a
connection in xp. The phone wont dial when I use it with
fax console. The error message in fc is 'fatal error'.

Patrick
3 answers Last reply
More about console cellphone

    Fax uses an analog fax modem over a phone line. Period.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "Patrick" wrote:

    > Has anyone been able to send a fax using the fax console
    > through a mobile phone?
    > I am trying to use a Nokia 7250i. I have been able to set
    > it up as a modem and been able to make a call using a
    > connection in xp. The phone wont dial when I use it with
    > fax console. The error message in fc is 'fatal error'.
    >
    > Patrick

    I have tried it with an AudioVox CDMA with a FAX option on it and with Verizon
    so far with no luck. The phone will display "incoming FAX", but doesn't
    print out
    anything. Regards

    "Patrick" wrote:

    > Has anyone been able to send a fax using the fax console
    > through a mobile phone?
    > I am trying to use a Nokia 7250i. I have been able to set
    > it up as a modem and been able to make a call using a
    > connection in xp. The phone wont dial when I use it with
    > fax console. The error message in fc is 'fatal error'.
    >
    > Patrick

Fax Consoles Windows XP