O/C temperature

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm running a Pentium III 700Mhz O/C to 933Mhz with a core voltage of 1.75 using a POS Compusa HSF air cooler. After running Unreal Tournament for 5 Min, Mother Board Monitor 5 High/Low shows 47C high, 39C Low, 40C current, and 43C average. Right now MBM5 reads 35C. Earlier I got a blue screen when trying to restart the system when the core voltage was at 1.65. I think the increased voltage to 1.75 fixed that problem.

Question is are my temperatures to high? BTW, the mainboard is a Asus CUSL2.

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
They sound fine to me. Congrats on getting it that high with a crappy cooler. Maybe you should get a better one, to see if you can get it higher... :smile:

Don't pay any attention to my chickenscratch. :eek:

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the info. The reason why I think the HSF is a POS is because it took me 5 minutes just to get the clip to hook onto the socket. The HSF looks like a <A HREF="http://www.kdcomputers.com/exec/productProfile?id=254" target="_new">Vantec</A> but I'm not sure who really makes it. I would like to set the bus higher but I don't wan't to OC the system memory.

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>