TV-Out - No Color !?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..

I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
but it's only in black and white.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?

Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
and W2k.

Anybody ?

Normally this means you are trying to run it at too high a resolution.

TV out works best at 800x600.

Tom
"Rob" <r.udo@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
>I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
> ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..
>
> I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
> but it's only in black and white.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?
>
> Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
> and W2k.
>
> Anybody ?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It work's :

Ïn the BIOS you have to set the :

- Internal display controller to "Primary"
- Video Out to "PAL"

Save changes and exit

What i see on my 14" TFT screen on the Laptop
i get as an image on my TV (1024x768).
I have to close my laptop to see the DVD movie
on the TV.

Thanks for all the replies

Marry X-mas and a happy new year from the Netherlands
(fijn kerstfeest en een gelukkig nieuwjaar !)

Rob

> I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
> ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..
>
> I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
> but it's only in black and white.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?
>
> Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
> and W2k.
>
> Anybody ?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Make sure tv is set to correct mode for output /cable