TV-Out - No Color !?

I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..

I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
but it's only in black and white.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?

Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
and W2k.

Anybody ?
3 answers Last reply
More about color

    Normally this means you are trying to run it at too high a resolution.

    TV out works best at 800x600.

    Tom
    "Rob" <r.udo@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    >I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
    > ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..
    >
    > I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
    > but it's only in black and white.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?
    >
    > Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
    > and W2k.
    >
    > Anybody ?

    It work's :

    Ïn the BIOS you have to set the :

    - Internal display controller to "Primary"
    - Video Out to "PAL"

    Save changes and exit

    What i see on my 14" TFT screen on the Laptop
    i get as an image on my TV (1024x768).
    I have to close my laptop to see the DVD movie
    on the TV.

    Thanks for all the replies

    Marry X-mas and a happy new year from the Netherlands
    (fijn kerstfeest en een gelukkig nieuwjaar !)

    Rob

    > I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
    > ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..
    >
    > I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
    > but it's only in black and white.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?
    >
    > Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
    > and W2k.
    >
    > Anybody ?

    Make sure tv is set to correct mode for output /cable
    > It work's :
    >
    > Ïn the BIOS you have to set the :
    >
    > - Internal display controller to "Primary"
    > - Video Out to "PAL"
    >
    > Save changes and exit
    >
    > What i see on my 14" TFT screen on the Laptop
    > i get as an image on my TV (1024x768).
    > I have to close my laptop to see the DVD movie
    > on the TV.
    >
    > Thanks for all the replies
    >
    > Marry X-mas and a happy new year from the Netherlands
    > (fijn kerstfeest en een gelukkig nieuwjaar !)
    >
    > Rob
    >

    >> I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the
    >> ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof..
    >>
    >> I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does,
    >> but it's only in black and white.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?
    >>
    >> Have software that i received with the Compaq E500, Win98SE
    >> and W2k.
    >>
    >> Anybody ?

Compaq TV Computers