Disabled ACPI cpu now too hot!

G

Okey dokey - I started having probs with a few usb devices on me pooter, new scanner wouldn't work properly, then one of my gamepads would vanish periodically etc..
There were a few lock ups during games as well (Deus Ex and MM2)
I then noticed that W2K had done the irq thing -namely many devices on one irq.(My Santa Cruz,Elsa 920 USB Controller on irq 9)
Poked around and found that the VIA USB controller was a jealous beast, and an agp card really should have its own irq.
I disabled ACPI and am now running a STANDARD PC HAL. Everything is well stable now - only thing sharing an irq is my nic and my firewire card.
However me temps are a bit high for my liking. An Athlon 1.0AXIAY@ 1.46 was running 28C idle and 47C full load with ACPI, now its 35C idle and 52C full. Is there any way to get the cpu cooling benefits of ACPI without the irq prob? Third party prog maybe? Or are these temps OK considering it's a 47% o/c?

BTW My mobo is a KT7A RAID v1.0 with the latest official bios.

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Which Athlon core do you have?

If it is a Thunderbird core than 52C is alright but cooler is better.

What kind of cooler do you have on it?

Try an Alpha PAL 8045, ThermalRight SK6, Kanie Hedgehog or the Hedgehog W (Wing). Make sure you have a good CFM fan with any heatsink that you by. Deltas are good for CFM but they can be loud.

Here is a web-site that, if you are up to it, might help you in dramatically decreasing your internal case temp.

http://www.2cooltek.com/index.html

Some ot this guys ideas are extreme but the do work.

<b>Nice day for a mow. - My Blue Heaven</b> :lol: