Difference between "new driver" and "replace"?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Does anyone know what is the difference between updating a
printer driver via the "new driver" button on the advanced
tab and updating one via the "update/replace/re-install"
button in Server Properties?

I was unable to compare definitions of these two functions
when searching Windows XP help.

Think of "New Driver" as also the method to update a driver. Think of
"Replace" as the method to revert a printer driver to its originally
installed driver. Then think of "Re-install" to simply reuse the existing
driver, but as refreshing the same files down from the source file used to
update the driver in the past.