setup fax for Windows XP home edition

When I click on the printer/fax button and then the setup
fax button, a window pops up and asks me to put in the cd
that says "windows xp home edition service pack 1". I
downloaded this to a cd this morning. A new window pops
up and says the "fx..." file does not exist. I checked
my control panel of my computer and clicked on
the "general" tab and it reads: "Microfot Windows XP
Home Edition Verision 2002 Service Pack 1". This tells
me that the service pack is already on my computer. Why
can't I get this to work?

Frustrated.

Frustrated wrote:
> When I click on the printer/fax button and then the setup
> fax button, a window pops up and asks me to put in the cd
> that says "windows xp home edition service pack 1". I
> downloaded this to a cd this morning. A new window pops
> up and says the "fx..." file does not exist. I checked
> my control panel of my computer and clicked on
> the "general" tab and it reads: "Microfot Windows XP
> Home Edition Verision 2002 Service Pack 1". This tells
> me that the service pack is already on my computer. Why
> can't I get this to work?
>
> Frustrated.

Try pointing the installer at c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 and see what
happens.

Dick Kistler