Deus Ex: HR - FPS Problem

angry prawn

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
*SOLVED* - Updating to the latest beta drivers seemed to fix the issue.

Hi there,

I'm having a little problem with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game runs flawlessly for about an hour and a half / two hours and then out of nowhere drops to around 1 FPS. At this point I have to exit the game and start it up again, where it will once again run flawlessly for the same amount of time before tanking again.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Can anyone suggest what might be causing the problem?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

My PC specs are as follows -

I5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz
Sapphire 6950 Dual Fan 2GB @ 900 / 1300
8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
500 GB Seagate Barracuda
750W OCZ PSU

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

check to see if your gfx driver is crashing. in control panel admin tools event viewer/system.
normally it will explain such a dramatic drop. as most of the time when you get fps droop it comes back in a second or 3. if yours sticks at 0 it will most likely be the driver has crashed and cant restart for some reason.
if this is the case fo to guru3d and get the latest 12.7 beta drivers there are a few versions 12.6 and 12.7 are both unofficial but work very well on my 5870.
if you dont wanna use them try the 12.2 or 12.3 drivers from the same site as they are whql, stable but may reduce performance on some games like skyrim while increasing performance on others. sorry to say not all drivers give a performance boost. so try, test and try a different 1 till you get the best performance and system stability.

angry prawn

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Yup, the drivers have been crashing. Next time it happens I'll give it a while to see if it recovers.

In the mean time I'll give the 12.7 drivers a go.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Well, I just played for a good 3 hours with no hang-ups. Problem solved, it would seem. Thanks very much for the help.