Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EVO Thin Client T30 192/256 Help

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 3:51:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Hi all,

I have bought for testing purposes a refurbed Compaq EVO T30 thin client
device with Win XPe, unfortunately it hasnt came with any CDs and I think it
should come with some management software so I can install patches and reset
to factory etc. At the moment any configs I make are reset on boot, I need
to be able to administer this and havent a clue where to start. I have
contact Wyse for a evaluation of Rapport, but was wondering if someone
either has a cd that came with their thin client that i could have an image
of or can point me to a place on the web, compaq/hp have only got Softpaqs
and patches on their websites which ironically enough all require management
software to install. Please could someone help me.

Regards

Ross Haselhurst
UK
December 4, 2004 3:51:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

OK, I'll ask the obvious. The vendor does not have the software???
HH

"Ross Haselhurst" <ross@solidox.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41b109f8$0$3105$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have bought for testing purposes a refurbed Compaq EVO T30 thin client
> device with Win XPe, unfortunately it hasnt came with any CDs and I think
> it should come with some management software so I can install patches and
> reset to factory etc. At the moment any configs I make are reset on boot,
> I need to be able to administer this and havent a clue where to start. I
> have contact Wyse for a evaluation of Rapport, but was wondering if
> someone either has a cd that came with their thin client that i could have
> an image of or can point me to a place on the web, compaq/hp have only got
> Softpaqs and patches on their websites which ironically enough all require
> management software to install. Please could someone help me.
>
> Regards
>
> Ross Haselhurst
> UK
>
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 6:39:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

As it says, compaq only provide patches and fixes, not the actual management
suite that came with it, i cannot even remember the name of it, the terminal
is second user also and from dealing with these before i know HP will want
proof when it was purchased which i dont have.

Any thougths? Does anyone have the same model that could give me an iso of
the software that was packaged with it?

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Vx9sd.10$Pw6.5@fe25.usenetserver.com...
> OK, I'll ask the obvious. The vendor does not have the software???
> HH
>
> "Ross Haselhurst" <ross@solidox.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:41b109f8$0$3105$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have bought for testing purposes a refurbed Compaq EVO T30 thin client
>> device with Win XPe, unfortunately it hasnt came with any CDs and I think
>> it should come with some management software so I can install patches and
>> reset to factory etc. At the moment any configs I make are reset on
>> boot, I need to be able to administer this and havent a clue where to
>> start. I have contact Wyse for a evaluation of Rapport, but was
>> wondering if someone either has a cd that came with their thin client
>> that i could have an image of or can point me to a place on the web,
>> compaq/hp have only got Softpaqs and patches on their websites which
>> ironically enough all require management software to install. Please
>> could someone help me.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ross Haselhurst
>> UK
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:20:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

Hey Ross,

I also just bought one and the CD was warped. I did find Rapport V 4.0
Install CD on their FTP site (about 200MB I think in a zip file). I
found it by looking for where they store their FTP files and then
backing up directories. I just signed in and found the link:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/thinclient/Rapport_40...

Although I just found out it's an EVAL.

I responded because I'd like to see if I can get your advice too. Do
you know if I can put the XP version on the the T30 64/64?? What I'm
really trying to accomplish is audio redirection via RDP. I use these
thin clients for games for kids and really need the right video and
sound. Any luck calling Compaq with issues? If so, who did you call re
your T30?

Thanks,

Jeff

Ross Haselhurst wrote:
> As it says, compaq only provide patches and fixes, not the actual
management
> suite that came with it, i cannot even remember the name of it, the
terminal
> is second user also and from dealing with these before i know HP will
want
> proof when it was purchased which i dont have.
>
> Any thougths? Does anyone have the same model that could give me an
iso of
> the software that was packaged with it?
>
> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Vx9sd.10$Pw6.5@fe25.usenetserver.com...
> > OK, I'll ask the obvious. The vendor does not have the software???
> > HH
> >
> > "Ross Haselhurst" <ross@solidox.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:41b109f8$0$3105$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have bought for testing purposes a refurbed Compaq EVO T30 thin
client
> >> device with Win XPe, unfortunately it hasnt came with any CDs and
I think
> >> it should come with some management software so I can install
patches and
> >> reset to factory etc. At the moment any configs I make are reset
on
> >> boot, I need to be able to administer this and havent a clue where
to
> >> start. I have contact Wyse for a evaluation of Rapport, but was
> >> wondering if someone either has a cd that came with their thin
client
> >> that i could have an image of or can point me to a place on the
web,
> >> compaq/hp have only got Softpaqs and patches on their websites
which
> >> ironically enough all require management software to install.
Please
> >> could someone help me.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Ross Haselhurst
> >> UK
> >>
> >
> >
> >
!