Sends to queue but wont print

I am using a small networkDell 9100 with dlink dwl-G650 wireless card, a DI
624 wireless router, a DP-101P+ pocket size print server along with a
Windows 98 SE pc hooked into the router. I had been able to print
uneventfully untill I had some OS problems (xp pro). I corrected the
problems, and set up the print situation identically but was unable to
print.. I tried the local port with tcp and generic card. I cleared the port
setting and reestablished a new one after checkiing ipconfig (the same
#'s....I am assuming they were my default gateway address). I was able to
continually send to the print queue from both PCs but could not print. The
printer was on, the server was plugged in. The computer (Dell 9100 xp pro)
does not show the printer in the device manager. I tried 2 other rj-45 cords
that workd but had had no different luck.
I'd appreciate any help anyone might provide.
Sincerely
Dale Ciuurczak
3 answers Last reply
More about sends queue wont print

    check and make sure you are setup to use the correct port. i had the same
    problem...on the que...but not printing. in xp find the location, get help
    if you need to, i just happen to stumble across it. xp has a location in it
    that list all of these different types of ports. make sure your printer is
    checked at this location to use the correct port. i had to use the usb port
    for my hp psc 1350 all in one. you should see your printer listed next to a
    port. this is the port you should use. don't check any of the others if you
    are only using this one printer that you have.

    good luck...let me know if it works for you....

    "Dale Ciurczak" wrote:

    > I am using a small networkDell 9100 with dlink dwl-G650 wireless card, a DI
    > 624 wireless router, a DP-101P+ pocket size print server along with a
    > Windows 98 SE pc hooked into the router. I had been able to print
    > uneventfully untill I had some OS problems (xp pro). I corrected the
    > problems, and set up the print situation identically but was unable to
    > print.. I tried the local port with tcp and generic card. I cleared the port
    > setting and reestablished a new one after checkiing ipconfig (the same
    > #'s....I am assuming they were my default gateway address). I was able to
    > continually send to the print queue from both PCs but could not print. The
    > printer was on, the server was plugged in. The computer (Dell 9100 xp pro)
    > does not show the printer in the device manager. I tried 2 other rj-45 cords
    > that workd but had had no different luck.
    > I'd appreciate any help anyone might provide.
    > Sincerely
    > Dale Ciuurczak

    No luck thus far. I went through directions from dlink stating to use tcp
    port (using printer>>file>>server properties>>choose ports. I found a
    microsoft winxp trouble shooting page at microsoft asking to change tcp to
    lp1. recreated printer and did this. I still continue to create jobs on both
    pcs (xp and 98se linked through dlink DI -624 wireless router.) but they
    didnt print. All other connections ( internet, computer shares are rockin. I
    have recreated these several times on the possibility I mishandled it. Too
    many timess for a coincidence. I would greatly appreciate any more insite
    and help. Seems like such a mundane thing...to print a page. Thanks alot
    Dale (from the land of Hurricanes)

    "pocketsonme" <pocketsonme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > check and make sure you are setup to use the correct port. i had the same
    > problem...on the que...but not printing. in xp find the location, get
    help
    > if you need to, i just happen to stumble across it. xp has a location in
    it
    > that list all of these different types of ports. make sure your printer
    is
    > checked at this location to use the correct port. i had to use the usb
    port
    > for my hp psc 1350 all in one. you should see your printer listed next to
    > port. this is the port you should use. don't check any of the others if
    you
    > are only using this one printer that you have.
    >
    > good luck...let me know if it works for you....
    >
    > "Dale Ciurczak" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using a small networkDell 9100 with dlink dwl-G650 wireless card,
    a DI
    > > 624 wireless router, a DP-101P+ pocket size print server along with a
    > > Windows 98 SE pc hooked into the router. I had been able to print
    > > uneventfully untill I had some OS problems (xp pro). I corrected the
    > > problems, and set up the print situation identically but was unable to
    > > print.. I tried the local port with tcp and generic card. I cleared the
    port
    > > setting and reestablished a new one after checkiing ipconfig (the same
    > > #'s....I am assuming they were my default gateway address). I was able
    > > continually send to the print queue from both PCs but could not print.
    The
    > > printer was on, the server was plugged in. The computer (Dell 9100 xp
    pro)
    > > does not show the printer in the device manager. I tried 2 other rj-45
    cords
    > > that workd but had had no different luck.
    > > I'd appreciate any help anyone might provide.
    > > Sincerely
    > > Dale Ciuurczak

    OK, try this. Are you using Microsoft Works? If so, In the Add/Remove
    select software. A box will appear after selecting. Near the left bottom of
    the box it gives you an option to repair software...check this box. Make
    sure you have selected the port that has your printer name is written next to
    it...not any others. Hope this helps...let me know.

Windows XP