Overclocking my P3 866???

G

Hi i am wanting to overclock my P3 866.

i have a very good fan - at current it cools to 28 degrees! I have a shiit Mobo that dosnet have DIP switches (im getting a new Mobo soon - a good one). My Mobo BIOS dosent allow me to overclock anything - i was wondering if there was anywhere where i could download an update or a new bios - is this possible?

I have tried SoftFSB and that sucks! So is there anyother way to overclock my P3 866 or am i stuck till i get my new Mobo?

Thanx for any advice.

G

Wouldn't it be nicer if you have told us the BRAND of your mobo? That would solve all the problems, wouldn't it? :) :)

If you can't read from your mobo, watch your POST screen, or check it with a program like SiSoft Sandra.

I think you can guess after learning the brand of your mobo...

google time :) :) :)

<font color=red>Apple</font color=red> <font color=blue>inside</font color=blue>, <font color=green>idiot</font color=green> <font color=purple>outside</font color=purple>...

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
better if you tell us the board. if it doesnt have any dipswitches or jumpers it might have a BIOS upgrade that would support overclocking.

and if at all you are getting a new mobo, get a good one for overclocking, like the Asus CUSL2-C/TUSL2-C

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

yeah thanx gys so far

My board is an ACER all-in-one solution (onboard everything)
Do u know anywhere where i can get a BIOS upgrade from - my mobo is about 9 months old.

yes i was goingto get the best mobo possible - like the ones u sugested

thanx again