What is it and how do I get the top off?

Hi,

I've just been given a Compaq Deskpro. All I know is that it is a PIII
600Mhz, 256Mb RAM, 10Gb HD and 52x CD-ROM.

How do I find out the model number? I want to see if I can download some
docs. or manuals for it but I don't know what it's proper name is.

Also, how do I get the top off the case? I want to fit another hard drive
(or maybe 2) alongside the one included.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about what

    "Andy" <andy@lyalla.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just been given a Compaq Deskpro. All I know is that it is a PIII
    > 600Mhz, 256Mb RAM, 10Gb HD and 52x CD-ROM.
    >
    > How do I find out the model number? I want to see if I can download some
    > docs. or manuals for it but I don't know what it's proper name is.

    There should be a plate on the case giving the serial number and info you
    seek.

    If the DeskPro boots up, see if Compaq Diags for Windows is installed (It
    was when the PC originally shipped). It should be in Control Panel. Run it
    and look at the Asset section.
    HH

    "Howard Kaikow" <kaikow@standards.com> wrote in message
    > "Andy" <andy@lyalla.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've just been given a Compaq Deskpro. All I know is that it is a PIII
    >> 600Mhz, 256Mb RAM, 10Gb HD and 52x CD-ROM.
    >>
    >> How do I find out the model number? I want to see if I can download some
    >> docs. or manuals for it but I don't know what it's proper name is.
    >
    > There should be a plate on the case giving the serial number and info you
    > seek.

Compaq Computers