Fax Sharing

Can Windows 2003 Fax Services use a modem attached to a network Windows XP
computer for faxing?

Thanks for your time!

If you mean the Windows 2003 Server Fax service, it can only use modems
directly connected to it. As Earl points out, this service can act as a
network Fax service for Windows 2000 and Windows XP client computers.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"kihrra" <kihrra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can Windows 2003 Fax Services use a modem attached to a network Windows XP
> computer for faxing?
>
> Thanks for your time!

"kihrra" <kihrra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can Windows 2003 Fax Services use a modem attached to a network
> Windows XP
> computer for faxing?
>
> Thanks for your time!

No, the XP fax can act as a standalone fax or a client to a fax
server on Microsoft Small Business Server or Windows 2003 Server
with the appropriate server software.

--
Earl F. Parrish

You should also know that you can use H.323
and yes, use network modems. I just dont understand why windows 95 can
share a fax printer but XP cant.