Two Printers!!!!!1

We have to install two printers on an XP home machine, one
of them is a receipt printer(epson) and the other is a
label printer (zedbra). The problem is the label printer
doesn't print the whole document, it looks as though it
has taken the page properties of the receipt printer.

We've tried using them both as a default printer, but the
problem is the receipt printer has to be the default. We
have changed the print settings on the label printer. And
this makes no difference. The receipt printer works fine
on it's own it's just the second printer.

We used a PCI secondary printer port, which is a HP item
and has the drivers and is XP compatible. Any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about printers

    Is Zedbra actually Zebra? In any case, make sure you have the
    appropriate drivers for the printer
    http://www.zebra.com/SD/drivers.htm

    This effect is often the result of the computer sending data to the
    printer faster than the printer can process it. The result is the
    printer buffer fills and data gets dropped. So, the printer prints what
    is in the buffer and then there is some data missing so either the
    garbled stream is undefined so the printer stops or happens to map to
    proper but nonsensesical output so you see garbage on the printout.

    Try setting the printer port used to SPP or standard parallel port or
    bi-directional parallel port or similar but not ECP or EPP or ECP & EPP.

    It might work to simply switch printers as between ports making sure to
    make the change in Windows Printers and Faxes setup.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    :
    : We've tried using them both as a default printer, but the
    : problem is the receipt printer has to be the default. We
    : have changed the print settings on the label printer. And
    : this makes no difference. The receipt printer works fine
    : on it's own it's just the second printer.
    :
    : We used a PCI secondary printer port, which is a HP item
    : and has the drivers and is XP compatible. Any ideas??

Printers Windows XP