Allakhazam

Anybody know if Allakhazam's site is still down? I'm still having trouble
connecting to them. All I'm getting is timeouts. Not even the oopsie page
that was up yesterday. Any one know what happened?

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:34:42 GMT in
<Xns9634DB79E6AC21bebinn11msn11com1@199.45.49.11>, Bebinn
<bebinn@invalid.com> graced the world with this thought:

>Anybody know if Allakhazam's site is still down? I'm still having trouble
>connecting to them. All I'm getting is timeouts. Not even the oopsie page
>that was up yesterday. Any one know what happened?

works fine for me, haven't had any problems with them in the last
several days, either; maybe I missed when they where down.

"Bebinn" <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Anybody know if Allakhazam's site is still down? I'm still having trouble
> connecting to them. All I'm getting is timeouts. Not even the oopsie
page
> that was up yesterday. Any one know what happened?

I went to http://eq2.allakhazam.com/ and found "

Early this morning, on April 7th, we experienced a server failure. We're
currently working to bring everything back up, but for now only the WoW site
is available. The forums are also accessible through it.

- Allakhazam.com staff ".

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:06:57 GMT, bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>works fine for me, haven't had any problems with them in the last
>several days, either; maybe I missed when they where down.

They were down the last couple of days but up and running blazing fast
last night. Seems their old server had gone south just as they were
moving files to a newer and faster server.

The images were all broken as of last night though as they hadn't
gotten all files on the new server yet.

Sometimes I get through, sometimes I can't connect. I suspect
their new servers aren't quite up to the full load yet. Also,
even when I can reach them, some areas still aren't up; e.g.,
the Atlas was still down last I checked.

Currently their front page is working, and includes this message:

We're back! Sort of. We're sorry for the downtime. Our static
server died on us. Since we had started the process of moving
the files over and configuring a much faster static server, we
decided to just scrap the old one and move everything over as
fast as we could. Right now not everything is working, but the
main parts should be. Quests and items are up, and the rest
are being worked on as I type. Expect a lot of images to be
missing as well. Hopefully by next week everything will be
back to normal. Thank you for your patience.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 12 on E. Marr

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:34:42 GMT in
> <Xns9634DB79E6AC21bebinn11msn11com1@199.45.49.11>, Bebinn
> <bebinn@invalid.com> graced the world with this thought:
>
>>Anybody know if Allakhazam's site is still down? I'm still having
>>trouble connecting to them. All I'm getting is timeouts. Not even
>>the oopsie page that was up yesterday. Any one know what happened?
>
> works fine for me, haven't had any problems with them in the last
> several days, either; maybe I missed when they where down.

Everyone I talked to was having major problems on Saturday, and off and on
on Sunday. Lots of timeouts, and error 404s from links in allakhazam.
Seemed to be fixed on Sunday, but then started acting up again. Don't know
the current status.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>