last page comes out first

My printer prints out the last page first, why is this?
I have tried changing this in procedures but it only
works one time then reverts back to the last page coming
out first. Thank You

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"I have tried changing this in procedures"
No idea where you are changing settings.
Normally, for a "default" setting, I would access the printer driver via
Start-Settings-Printers & Faxes .
Select the appropriate printer. Then select Properties. Within General there
is usually a button labeled Preferences. Within the window selected with the
preferences button, a choice of last first or last is usually found. Select
the proper choice and click on apply. Some drivers also require that you
save the overall configuration as the default.

This should set the default behavior for at least the current user.
An applications program may cause the setting to be over- ridden.
"Vivien Brownlee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer prints out the last page first, why is this?
> I have tried changing this in procedures but it only
> works one time then reverts back to the last page coming
> out first. Thank You

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

"Vivien Brownlee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:91a501c496a7$4be59b20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> My printer prints out the last page first, why is this?
> I have tried changing this in procedures but it only
> works one time then reverts back to the last page coming
> out first. Thank You

You have to make the change in Printers and Faxes and not the
application. Changes made in the application only apply during
that session. The printer settings will revert to whatever was
there at first when you close the application. Printing last page
first makes it easier to assemble documents for mailing or stapling.

--
Earl F. Parrish

I'm having the same problem with a client using older HP
inkjets. Changing the "print pages in reverse order" does
not stay when changed in the printer properties. It
wouldn't matter except when using printed letterhead
sheets and they come out backwards.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Rob

wrote in message
>> My printer prints out the last page first, why is this?
>> I have tried changing this in procedures but it only
>> works one time then reverts back to the last page coming
>> out first. Thank You
>

>---
>Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.
7/29/2004

>.

This reverse order of printing happened after installing
service pack 2 to XP.
Rob