How to know if the games are authentic?

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
Hi guys!
I am wondering which games are originals?
Do all authentic games have holograms on the case and the holograms on the cd?

I am in China so original games are hard to find.And how to spot if it is authentic or not?

I find some games are selling without the holographic sticker on the outside case.Are these also considered authentic?

I am talking about pc games by the way.

Solution
Yeah, packaging depends on the region. In the US pirating is not done as blatantly as it is done in China I suppose so game boxes generally do not have holograms on them to identify the games as genuine. Therefore, the mentality is if the box looks genuine, then the game must be genuine.

If you don't want to take the risk of buying a "genuine" game then finding out that you need to install the crack included on the DVD to run the game, then you may want to consider purchasing your games through Steam or Origins (EA) assuming those site are not blocked by the Chinese government.

Alternatively, you may want to research what the box looks like online before going out to buy the game. Or you can possibly contact customer support of...

DM186

Splendid
I don't know what they do overseas to put down the piracy. But I do know here in th US they don't have holographic stickers. I still have game I haven't even opened. The ones that I have don't have any stickers either.

I know what you are saying, you want to look before you buy that it is not a knockoff of the real game. I don't know who you would get hold of in China to ask about the difference between the real and the knockoffs.

But you will have to find out there or if someone else knows. Here we but from major stores and we know it is not a knockoff. If we buy from people and get a good discount then it probably is a knockoff.

Well I hope you find out how to tell and good luck to you.

Yeah, packaging depends on the region. In the US pirating is not done as blatantly as it is done in China I suppose so game boxes generally do not have holograms on them to identify the games as genuine. Therefore, the mentality is if the box looks genuine, then the game must be genuine.

If you don't want to take the risk of buying a "genuine" game then finding out that you need to install the crack included on the DVD to run the game, then you may want to consider purchasing your games through Steam or Origins (EA) assuming those site are not blocked by the Chinese government.

Alternatively, you may want to research what the box looks like online before going out to buy the game. Or you can possibly contact customer support of whatever game you want to buy and ask them how you can identify a genuine boxed game from a pirated boxed game.

Lastly, you should take a very close look at the graphics / artwork on the box. It should be very sharp and clear. Fake boxed games may have a photocopied image of the original box so it will likely be less sharp and clear. Not exactly a fool proof method, but if you don't have any other info to work with......

Solution

DM186

Splendid

^^
You said it better than I could have ever said it, thanks for explaining it better to the OP I truly didn't know but now I do know.

@OP he is right and his advice has a lot of wisdom in it and it does make a lot of sence. So good luck to you and I hope you will not get burned in the future. Good luck to you.