compaq mod 1123

I have a new compaq and when I try to access the cd/dvd the computer
freezes up. It has done this since it was first powered up. I have
updates each time Iget online but nothing has helped. what do I do?
Doc
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq 1123

    Try a 80-pin IDE connector (these are better anyway) and try putting the
    drive on another IDE channel most motherboards have two IDE channels with a
    max of two drives on each channel (having the drives on seperate channels
    is faster anyway) Cd drives are cheap so hopefully the fault (if any) is
    with that.
    "doc" <stangbandit@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a new compaq and when I try to access the cd/dvd the computer
    > freezes up. It has done this since it was first powered up. I have
    > updates each time Iget online but nothing has helped. what do I do?
    > Doc

Compaq DVD CD-Rom Computers